Individual psychotherapy for adults
If you are English speaking foreigner in need of help and psychological support, here you can find experienced specialist to talk to.
Gabinet Psychologiczny SELF Przyjazne Terapie is a safe place where you can talk with a specialist about your problems, emotional distress, life crisis or things that are confusing or painful. We help exploring and resolving problems and conflicts also concerning being a foreigner in Poland and dealing with new culture and reality. We all work under supervision and are members of Polish leading professional associations.
What is psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is a planned, intentional, systematic effect on the patient (client), using the word in the context of a specific contact, in order to achieve an explicit goal, using various methods and techniques.
Individual psychotherapy is a treatment of emotional disorders and solving personal problems. It happens during and through personal contact with the therapist. Psychotherapeutic methods interaction differ depending on the model of a human psyche (a way of understanding causes of a disorders and problems and purpose of the therapy) chosen and presented by the therapist.
The most common individual psychotherapy begins with one or more preliminary meetings, called consultation, interview or diagnostic meetings.
Treatment usually takes place at an interval of a week meetings which lasts 60 minutes. The therapy lasts from a few to several months.
Psychotherapist accompanies in the process of introspection, in a careful analysis of what at the moment is a source of anxiety, problems, suffering, and the impact on the current situation to past experience. Attentively listens and helps you understand the your thoughts and feelings. The role of the therapist is to help in understanding and extracting feelings and increasingly getting to know yourself. Psychotherapist ensures that the work during the meetings is effective and leeds to the achievement of previously set targets of therapy. The contents of conversations with the therapists on the session is covered by confidentiality principle.
For those who experience suffering, a sense of failure, experienced anxiety, have problems in relationships with other people, both with loved ones, family, as well as with people outside the circle next and all those who would like to improve their performance in different areas of life.
We can help you with following difficulties:
- Anxiety, neurosis
- Crisis intervention
- Low self-esteem, lack of self-confidence
- Shyness, feeling of isolation, loneliness
- Experience of violence or abuse
- Feelings of guilt, shame, anger or loss
- A loss of meaning in life
- Constant tension, stress; emotional pain
- Psychosomatic symptoms
- Eating Disorders
- Post-traumatic stress, trauma
- Personality disorders
- Insomnia, sleep disturbances
- Difficulties in relationships with people
- Sexual Disfunctions and Difficulties
- Sexual Education
- Difficulties in experiencing sexual orientation and identity
- Agressive, provocative behavior of teenagers and children
- Difficulties at school
- Difficulties with coping with stress
- Asperger syndrome, autism, ADHD, selective mutism
- Transformation of the family (divorce, patchwork family)
Psychotherapy for children and teenagers
Psychotherapy of children and adolescents are methods and techniques which are supporting healthy child development and healthy parent-child relationships. Our specialists apply the following forms of work in this direction:
- Consultations for parents or guardians - psychologist helps parents to understand the cause of a child’s problem. Specialist works with child’s parents on making such changes in their thinking and behavior that foster and strengthen positive changes in their child.
- Meetings with the child - psychologist arranges a series of individual meetings with the child, using innovative and highly effective techniques, including Play Therapy method.
- Family therapy, focus on the relationship of individual members of the system together
We recommend that the time distance between the sessions was no longer than 14 days. At the beginning of therapeutic work, it would be most effective to arrange weekly visits. The regularity of the meetings with a therapist is a very important issue in therapy.
Psychologist in English - Poznan
If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail or call our office.
Make an appointement!
Psychologists for children:
Psychologists for teenagers and adults: